Tomato Ginger Soup
tomato Ginger Soup
SERVES 6 (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small red or white onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 28-oz. (800g) can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 cup (240ml) vegetable broth
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup (80ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- Heat olive oil large stock pot over medium heat. Once the pot is hot, add onions and cook for about 8 minutes, until the onions begin to soften. Add garlic, ginger. Cook until fragrant (3-5 minutes). Stir in paprika and the rest of the herbs and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the can of whole tomatoes, including the liquid, and 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Raise the heat to medium and bring everything to boil. Let soup simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat. Let the soup cool off for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled off soup to a blender to blend.
- Return soup to pot and stir in coconut milk. Add salt to your taste.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with basil and pepper